RDA will be continuously updating you with tips and info on the upcoming federal election, you’ll be able to find them all on this new page. VOTING TIPS
- Do not do a postal vote if you can avoid it. Instructions on how to cancel your postal vote request CLICK HERE
- Use a PEN!
- Take a video and/or photo of your completed ballot paper. If there is any proof of voter rigging or misconduct, this could come in handy.
House of representatives
- Number EVERY BOX or your vote won’t count
- Do not use ticks or crosses, you must use numbers.
- 1 is your preferred candidate, the highest number is your least preferred candidate.
- If you hand in a blank or wrong ballot paper, your vote will be invalid, and you’ll miss your chance to have a say in our next federal government.
If you’re voting for a party, you will be voting ABOVE THE LINE
- You must number at least six boxes above the line for the parties or groups of your choice
- Place a 1 in the box above the party or group that is your first choice, the number 2 in the box above the party or group that is your second choice and so on until you have numbered at least six boxes above the line.
- You can continue to place numbers in the order of your choice in as many boxes above the line as you like.
If you are voting for an independent candidate, you will be voting BELOW THE LINE.
- Number at least 12 boxes below the line for individual candidates of your choice.
- Place a 1 in the box beside the candidate that is your first choice, and the numbers 2, 3, 4 and so on to at least the number 12.
- You can continue to place numbers in the order of your choice in as many boxes below the line as you like.