BLM Protesters Let Off Charges While Monica Faces more Jail Time for Withholding her Phone Password – Hypocrisy at its Finest!

From Monica

I want to make something very clear. I respect their right to protest. I respect EVERYONE’S right to protest, as long as they aren’t hurting anyone or causing harm or disruption. These BLM organisers should NEVER be prosecuted for organising a protest.

However, I am being prosecuted, and dragged through the courts, for allegedly organising a protest during lockdown, but guess what…this BLM protest was during a stage three lockdown.
Have their phones been ceased and held for over 8 months?
Have they been court-ordered to give up their passwords?
Have they had to go to jail for 22 days to maintain their human rights to speech and thought?

NO, THEY HAVEN’T…BUT I HAVE!

Why you might ask? It’s pretty simple. The BLM movement, as it is right now, does not challenge the government narrative when it comes to medical tyranny. They did not question the forcible nature of the vaccines or their potential side effects. They had no issue with lockdowns and masks, except when they wanted to protest of course.

The government is not infallible, they are not superior to us. They have been elected to SERVE US, not the other way around. The government and police see no threat with BLM, however they seem very threatened by the freedom movement and this is increasingly obvious based on how they are treating people like me and Topher Field.

I have a new deadline to comply with the password warrant, it’s this Friday 9th July. I’ll give you an update soon.

Following article from The Age

Organisers of a Black Lives Matter rally held in Melbourne during COVID-19 lockdown restrictions will no longer face prosecution, with all charges against them expected to be dropped by Victoria Police.

Crystal McKinnon and Meriki Onus had been due to appear in court this month to fight charges of breaching the chief health officer’s directions over their role in planning the June 2020 march against Aboriginal deaths in custody, which attracted about 10,000 people.

(L-R) Crystal McKinnon, Meriki Onus and Tarneen Onus-Williams announcing their intention to go ahead with the rally in 2020.
(L-R) Crystal McKinnon, Meriki Onus and Tarneen Onus-Williams announcing their intention to go ahead with the rally in 2020.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS

McKinnon, an Amangu Yamaji woman and Indigenous research fellow at RMIT, and Onus, a Gunai and Gunditjmara woman and activist, said the action against them should never have been taken.

“The Victorian government presents itself as a progressive government committed to addressing past and ongoing violence against First Nations peoples through various initiatives, while at the same time trying to silence the voices who have had enough of our people dying in custody and who demand change,” they said.

“At the time of the Black Lives Matter rally, a significant number of our people had died in custody since the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody. That number has only increased. The message is not getting through.”

The pair’s lawyer, Ali Besiroglu, from Robinson Gill Lawyers, confirmed on Tuesday that the charges would be dropped.

The Black Lives Matter protest in June 2020 attracted about 10,000 people despite lockdown restrictions.
The Black Lives Matter protest in June 2020 attracted about 10,000 people despite lockdown restrictions.CREDIT:CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS

“We are unable to comment while the matters are currently before the court other than to confirm that Victoria Police has advised us that the charges against Dr McKinnon and Ms Onus will be withdrawn,” he said.

“We vow to continue standing alongside First Nations peoples in our collective pursuit for justice and wish the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities a happy NAIDOC Week.”

McKinnon and Onus, alongside fellow organiser Tarneen Onus-Williams, were fined $1652 each for breaching coronavirus restrictions when they organised the rally.

Onus-Williams’ fine was later withdrawn but lawyers for McKinnon and Onus were scheduled to contest the matter in court this month.

The organisers said precautions were taken during the rally to ensure it was safe, with face masks and sanitiser provided.
The organisers said precautions were taken during the rally to ensure it was safe, with face masks and sanitiser provided.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS

Organisers said the rally was intended to highlight systemic racism and Aboriginal deaths in custody and mirrored similar marches across the world following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

However, the march received criticism from senior members of the state government at the time, with the premier, chief health officer and even the prime minister urging people not to attend, fearing it could become a super-spreading event.

In the days before the protest, newly appointed Chief Commissioner Shane Patton said the people involved had to be accountable for their actions.

It followed a NSW Supreme Court ruling that a Black Lives Matter march in Sydney did not have permission to go ahead.

Death of religious family's girl shocks police

Ten thousand people have marched through Melbourne’s CBD, rallying in a show of solidarity for the Black Lives Matter movement despite pleas to stay home to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

At the time, stay-at-home measures in Victoria had banned public gatherings of more than 20 people.

There were 74 active cases of COVID-19 in the state that day. On Tuesday – more than two years later – Department of Health data showed there were 49,253 cases of COVID-19 in Victoria.

In a statement provided to The Age, McKinnon and Onus said that at the time of the rally, pandemic restrictions allowed public gatherings in the case of an emergency, and they maintained that the rate at which First Nations people continued to die in custody constituted a national emergency.

They also said precautions were taken during the rally to ensure it was safe, with members of peak First Nations organisations onsite to provide face masks and sanitiser “so that our collective voices could be heard safely”.

An inquest into the death of Indigenous woman Veronica Nelson in April heard 505 First Nations people had died in custody since findings from the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody were handed down in 1991.

When asked if police were dropping other charges related to breaching pandemic restrictions, a police spokesperson said there were no current wide-scale withdrawals of charges.

“Victoria Police is not aware of any broad issues associated with the withdrawal of COVID-19 related charges or penalty notices issued by Victoria Police,” they said.

“On a case-by-case basis, some matters may be withdrawn at court or as part of the review process, depending on the specific circumstances of the incident.”

News of the charges being dropped comes during NAIDOC Week, which recognises the history and culture of Australia’s First Nations people.

The charges are expected to be formally withdrawn at court later this month.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp
Email
Latest News

RDA LIVES!!!

This post is a copy of last night’s mass email. It explains the ‘RDA lives’ comment and other things 🙂 If you’re not subscribed to

Read More »

Responses