Are you a parent of kids who have been isolated during the endless Victorian lockdowns?
Are you concerned about the mental health of your children being separated from friends?
Or are you a young adult who is feeling the pressure from your workplace, friends or family about complying with Government mandates that you don’t agree with?
On Sunday, 5th December, we have chosen 3 locations with 2 different time slots around Victoria for parents AND their kids and for 18-30 year olds. At these locations there will an RDAactive group leader (or activator, as we like to call them) present to help guide these connections along and be there to answer any questions you might have!
Parents of teens – Parents must be present and take full responsibility for any children under the age of 18 who participates in this event and any future events. We hope that a few parents put their hands up to be Activators (leaders) in their own area. They will receive one-on-one help and guidance from RDA staff and/or other activators in the area. If no one puts their hand up, the group won’t form. In saying that, if your children find one or two good friends from this one catch-up and that’s enough for them…that’s also fine. We simply want to bring like-minded people together because we all know…WE ARE STRONG TOGETHER! Teenagers are especially feeling the impact of what’s going on and if they have friends who understand, it will be a lot easier for them to weather this storm.
Youth Groups – A few members to put their hands up to be Activators (leaders) in their own area. They will receive the same support. Again, if all you’re looking for in one or two friends and you don’t want to be a part of a community group, that’s fine too.
- These are NOT protests. They are community social gatherings intended to help the formation of ongoing community youth groups that can support each other.
- We expect everyone to be inclusive and kind to each other. ALL are welcome.
- RDA cannot monitor how many people are there and if they are following CHO directions.
- This is being trialled in Victoria only and if successful, we will roll this out country wide.
We already have over 100 active groups nationwide. These groups help facilitate a way for like-minded locals to find each other. The activators of these groups can organise events and activities themselves or wait for instructions from RDA HQ. From socialising to activism, these groups are vital to us maintaining our individual and collective liberty.
Parents of kids/teens: 12 – 2pm
Youth (18 – 30): 2 – 4pm
At the following locations:
1. Mitcham – Halliday Park (Mitcham Rd)
2. Mornington – Mornington Park – Schnapper Point Drive, Mornington 3931 (near the concrete seating & big tree at the Pirate Ship playground)
3. Wodonga – Sumison Gardens (Church St)
We also have a very special event happening in Geelong, organised by the local active community of RDA volunteers! You won’t want to miss this one! There will be live music, kids entertainment and even an appearance by Santa!
Geelong – Eastern Park (Opposite the Rotunda and entrance to the Botanical Gardens) – 12pm start for both Parents of Teens and Youth (18-30)
After the event, if you’d like to take on an active role and become an activator within your community
Be sure to collect the details (phone and/or email etc) of those you connect with ON THE DAY. You can use a note pad or a notes app in your phone.
- Email [email protected] and we will help you on your way!
- RDA only helps facilitate your community groups. We do not tell anyone what to do or what not to do. You and your group are autonomous of RDA but we are here to support you.
- We don’t care what you name the group or if you decide to merge with other community group networks in the area.
- All that matters is that people connect and support each other any way they can.